Quality Enigneer – Manufacturing
Responsible for designing quality standards; inspecting materials, equipment, processes, and products; developing quality control systems, and determining corrective actions. You will also work with managers and supervisors to implement quality measures.
Training and Experience Requirements
· 3 years – Quality Assurance decision maker. NCR and MRB facilitation. CAR/SCAR and RCCA facilitation. Advanced problem solving techniques and quality tools.
· Six Sigma Green Belt Certification is a plus (DMAIC).
· 3 years – Contract Review and Customer’s Quality Assurance Requirements (Honeywell and Sargent knowledge is a plus). Knowledge of Aerospace Industry Specifications; e.g. Mil Specs, AMS, ANSI, ASTM, etc.
· 3 years – manufacturing machine shop (build-to-print job shop with CNC mills/lathes, including EDM/WEDM). APQP and SPC. LEAN Manufacturing and 5S. Human Factors. Policy Deployment metrics reporting and GEMBA.
· 3 years – ASME Y 14.5 GD&T. Experience in Inspection Techniques and Measurement & Test Equipment (CMM and/or OGP is a plus).
· 3 years – ISO9001:2015/AS9100D quality systems and processes – Implementation, Control, Auditing, and Improvement.
· AS9100D Lead Auditor Certification is a plus. Nadcap self-audit experience preferred (Elastomer Seals and /or Non-Conventional Machining is a plus).
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Word and Excel.
· Communication soft skills.
· ASQ membership or certification is a plus.
Associates of Science Degree minimum
Specific Job Functions
· Review current blueprints, specifications, and other quality requirement documentation.
· Inspect materials, processes, and product to requirements.
· Prevent quality escapes.
· Communicate with suppliers and customers to ensure organization can achieve results.
· Works with cross-functional teams to generate Manufacturing Inspection Test Plans that sustains or improves the quality of products.
· Issue Return Material Authorizations.
· Initiate Material Rejection Reports (NCR).
· Contain defective product.
· Investigate defects and analyze data for root cause.
· Formulate corrective action plans or recommend solutions.
· Initiate and track progress of CARs/SCARs.
· Assist external suppliers with RCCA.
· Perform external audits to ensure supplier CA effectiveness.
· Supplier Control and Supplier performance reporting.
· Audit the QMS and CA for effectiveness.
· Responsible for continual improvement programs and activities to enhance the products and business environment.
· Set and track quality assurance goals, ensuring that relevant data is captured and reported.
· Establish, implement, and maintain quality awareness throughout the organization.
· Has responsibility and authorization to perform roles and duties related to the job function.
And any other reasonable duties as assigned by management
Physical and Emotional Requirements: This position may require extended periods of sitting at a desk or standing for long periods of time, must be able to lift up to 40 lbs. The person in this position may be expected to make quick decisions, speak in front of large groups and communicate effectively with management, customers and suppliers.APPLY NOW