Estimator/Production Planner Summary
Responsible for analyzing blueprints, specifications, proposals, and other documentation to prepare time, cost, and labor estimates for production by applying knowledge of specialized methodologies, techniques, principles, or processes. Interfaces with department supervisors.
Training and Experience Requirements
7 years minimum work experience in manufacturing industry. Knowledge of machine capacities in order to make accurate production process decisions. Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
Specific Job Functions
• Reviews data to determine material and labor requirements and prepares itemized list of operations and services required.
• Computes cost factors and prepares estimates used for management purposes, such as planning, organizing, and scheduling work.
• Confers with vendors to obtain product or service information, such as price, availability, and delivery schedule.
• Estimates values according to knowledge of market price.
• Determines method of procurement, such as direct purchase or bid.
• Prepares bid requests for required services.
• Reviews bid proposals and accepts best option.
• Maintains computerized records, such as items or services purchased, costs, delivery, and inventories.
• May plan and prepare production schedules for manufacturing products according to customer orders.
• Authorized to expedite production per customer request.
• Establish expedite fees in order to meet customer and MTI requirements.
• May Initiate work orders, verifying that the correct blueprint, terms, specifications and conditions are accurate.
• Assists with communication flow and coordination between all resources committed to each product (includes vendors).
• Evaluates production procedures and where applicable - schedules meetings for pre-production planning.