Inspector III Summary
To type Dips, Interpret B/P and Specs per drawings. Tests and inspects products at various stages of the production process. Compiles and evaluates statistical data to determine and maintain quality and reliability of products. Work and confirm with Contract Review.
Training and Experience Requirements
6 years of work experience in aerospace inspection or combination, experience and trade school.
Specific Job Functions
· Interprets engineering drawings, schematic diagrams, or formulas.
· Confers with management or engineering staff to determine quality and reliability standards.
· Selects products for tests at specified stages in the production process.
· Tests products for variety of qualities such as dimensions, performance, and mechanical, electrical, or chemical characteristics.
· Records test data, applying statistical quality control procedures.
· Evaluates data and writes reports to validate or indicate deviations from existing standards.
· Recommends modifications of existing quality or production standards to achieve optimum quality within limits of equipment capability.
· Sets up and performs destructive and non-destructive tests on materials, parts, or products to measure performance, life, or material characteristics.
· Prepares graphs or charts of data or enters data into computer for analysis.
· Specializes in particular area of quality control engineering such as design, incoming material, process control, product evaluation, inventory control, product reliability, research and development, and administrative application.