Mill Operator Trainee Summary
Prepare rubber compounds for use in compression molding according to router with supervision. Mills rubber into sheets to required thickness.
Training and Experience Requirements
0 – 1 year minimum work experience
Specific Job Functions
· Adheres to all Rubber department guidelines and quality requirements.
· Conducts basic set-up processes using fixtures and/or tooling with assistance.
· Knowledgeable of basic machine controls and operation in order to keep on-going production.
· Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions. Sets thickness according to router.
· Accurately and completely fills in routers, operator inspection process sheets, set-up sheets and any other required documentation.
· Communicates with lead and supervisor to receive instructions and coordinate activities.
· Cleans machines and work area to maintain a clean work environment.
· Basic comprehension of blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, and specifications to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work piece.
· Measures dimensions and reference points on material or work piece by using a snap gage, micrometer, or height gage, calipers.
· Conducts basic set-up processes using fixtures and/or tooling.
· Familiar with terms and vocabulary of the machining industry.
· Observes machine operations and by using snap gages examines products removed from machines to determine whether products meet specifications.
· Turns pressure control knobs, handles, and levers to adjust machines.
· Inspects and measures parts to maintain statistical process control chars.
· Displays ability to handle tooling and presses.
· Inspects finished part to identify wrinkles, over cured, strings, and other flaws.
· Displays knowledge of all materials used in the Rubber Department.
· Displays ability to handle tooling and presses with the utmost care and safety. Does not damage molds or parts.
· Verifies that proper lot control is maintained and controlled on all parts.
· Inspects raw material received from rubber compounds for cleanliness, proper durometer, and correct material certification.
· Runs or adjusts mill to produce rubber compound per router and maintains and keeps clean internal components of extruder.
· Records material type, MTI#, date and amount of chemicals on the outside of the material.
· Inspects sheeted rubber for contamination and thickness.
· Working knowledge of safety requirements for mills and extruders.
· Maintains inventory.