Press Operator I Summary
Sets up and operates compression molding machines to mold rubber products according to router and blueprint with minimum assistance
Training and Experience Requirements
0 – 2 years experience in Rubber Press Operation.
Specific Job Functions
· Installs molds in press and coats molds with parting agents according to MOT.
· Basic comprehension of blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, and specifications to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work piece.
· Measures dimensions and reference points on material or work piece by using a snap gage, micrometer, height gage, or calipers.
· Conducts basic set-up processes using fixtures and/or tooling.
· Familiar with terms and vocabulary of the machining industry.
· Sets thermostat to regulate temperature of PLATENS.
· Observes machine operations and by using snap gages examines products removed from machines to determine whether products meet specifications.
· Turns pressure control knobs, handles, and levers to adjust machines.
· Inspects and measures parts to maintain statistical process control chars.
· Displays ability to handle tooling and presses.
· Inspects finished part to identify wrinkles, over cured, strings, and other flaws.