Shipping & Receiving Supervisor Summary
Organizes and coordinates shipping, receiving and material handling activities by supervising staff, planning and monitoring processes.
Training and Experience Requirements
7 years minimum work experience
Specific Job Functions
· Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting and training employees; developing personal and professional growth opportunities
· Meet department goals by coaching, motivating, counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring and appraising job results; conduct training; implement and enforce systems, policies and procedures.
· Maintains a safe and healthy work environment by establishing and enforcing organization standards and adhering to legal regulations.
· Complete operations by developing schedules, assigning tasks, gather resources; implement productivity standards, resolve operation problems, maintain reference manuals, implement new procedures.
· Controls expenses by gathering and submitting budget information, scheduling expenditures, monitoring variances, implementing correction actions.
· Provide quality service to internal and external customer by adhering to all imposed standards.
· Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and reviewing professional publications.
· Is a contributing team member for all company efforts.
· Monitors employee productivity and provides constructive feedback and coaching
· Confers with management and other supervisors to resolve production and administrative issues.
· Evaluates employees during the 6 month and annual performance review periods.
· Responsible for setting department goals that align with the company’s mission and core values.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
· Tracking budget expenses
· Supervision & leadership
· Quality management
· Safety management
· Performance management
· Foster teamwork
· Giving feedback
· Strong communication